Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Top 5 Tuesday: Guilty Pleasure Fast Food Items

Now that the new year has begun and people are beginning to make New Years resolutions to lose their holiday weight, I thought this list was fitting! Well, sort of....

Fortunately, I don't eat much fast food anymore, but there was a time in my pre-marital life when I did indulge from time to time. Ok, maybe slightly more than time to time. During that time, I did develop some go-to favorites during that period, which I'm sure will cause some of you to roll your eyes! Regardless, here the top 5:

  1. Der Weinerschnitzel chili cheese dog:  hot dog covered with Der Weinerschnitzel chili and melted cheese, creating a blended mixture of yumminess. Had one with my mom a few months ago for the first time in a while, and they are still delicious.

  2. Burger King traditional chicken sandwich w/cheese:  The cheese again, was the key here. Nice and melted on a toasted white meat chicken patty with just the right amount of lettuce and condiments.  

  3. McDonalds double cheeseburger: Not really sure why I liked these, but I just know I enjoyed how McDonalds made them. They were a frequent, cheap go-to destination when I need a quick snack.

  4. Jack-in-the-Box tacos: By far the greasiest thing on this list, with no real resemblance to a traditional taco. But they tasted very good, with just a little kick, in a weird taco kind-of-way.

  5. Carl Jr's Western Bacon Cheeseburger:  Loved the onion ring, melted cheese, BBQ sauce combo atop the 1/4 pound burger. 
Honorable mention: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, Togo's toasted roast beef/avocado sandwich, Carl's Jr. Fish sandwich, Colonel Sanders extra crispy chicken breast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment